One of the best ways to spend a cozy wintery day during the holidays is with a bourbon tasting for two at the local Bardstown distilleries. The area is festive and decorated for the season, there are plenty of cheerful events planned, and all that bourbon tasting warms you up from the inside—even if it’s snowy outside.
Our charming small town is known as the “Bourbon Capital of the World,” and it shows. Within 16 miles of our historic downtown area, there are more than ten Bardstown distilleries—all offering tastings and tours to the public. We’re also home to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, giving visitors and locals alike bourbon itineraries and maps for the best bourbon-tasting experiences.
Before you start planning your tasting itinerary at the local Bardstown distilleries, you’ll want to secure your lodging. The Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place for a cozy winter retreat. Not only will you absolutely fall in love with our intimate and bourbon-themed guest suites, but our level of service and hospitality is unparalleled. Every inch of our Inn exudes opulence and luxury—once you’ve checked in, you’ll see why our guests return year after year.
Cozy Holiday Tastings a These Bardstown Distilleries
The best winter getaways will include a little bit of every activity that makes Bardstown such a unique small town. From award-winning restaurants, intriguing historical areas, and must-visit tasting tours at the Bardstown Distilleries—you’ll never have a dull moment in the Bluegrass State.
Here are the top five Bardstown distilleries to check out for a cozy tour and tasting near our elegant B&B:
- Heaven Hill Distillery: This award-winning distillery is the master behind brands like Evan Williams, Elijah Craig, and Larceny—so you know you’ll taste some delicious bourbon here. You’ll also learn a lot about the process, as the Bourbon Heritage Center offers informative tours, and make sure to grab a few bourbon-themed souvenirs from the gift shop.
- Bardstown Bourbon Company: If you want to get a behind-the-scenes look at how Bardstown distilleries work, this is the place to do it. From immersive cocktail classes to in-depth tours, this modern space is tailored to education—and tasting, of course. You’ll find their spectacular bourbon blends on the cocktail menu at the on-site Kitchen & Bar, along with a full menu of appetizers, mains, and desserts.
- Lux Row: With big names like Rebel Yell and Ezra Brooks, this 18,000-square-foot distillery pumps out a ton of bourbon annually. Choose between three tour options, but a favorite is the top-shelf tasting for the most luxurious of Lux Row products.
- Willett Distillery: Just about 10 minutes from our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast, this is one of the Bardstown distilleries you won’t want to miss. Founded in 1936 by Thompson Willett, you’ll learn all about the company’s history, which dates back to the late 1600s. After a tasting and tour, stop into The Bar at Willet for a creative bourbon cocktail and lovely sharable plates with local ingredients.
- Preservation Distillery: Known for being a “slow bourbon distillery” where they pot-distill 100 percent of their products in tiny one to three-barrel batches—you’ll find some unique blends here. Set back on a picturesque farm in the Kentucky countryside, this is one of the Bardstown Distilleries to add to your tasting and tour list!
Wintertime Lodging for Romantic Holiday Getaways
After a chilly wintery day out on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, you’ll be ready for warmth and relaxation. Our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast offers the whole experience. Our historic property is home to ten elegant guest suites—seven in the Manor and three private rooms in the Federal House. All of our spaces are designed with comfort in mind and beautiful places to fully unwind pre or post-holiday season—especially with a bourbon cocktail in hand!
Each morning you’ll be treated to a bountiful breakfast spread in our elegant dining area by the cozy fire. Fresh coffee, other beverages, and snacks are also available throughout the day. After you’re fueled up, head out to explore the nearby Bardstown distilleries, grab your last-minute holiday gifts, and have the time of your life. For those who would like to have a guided chauffeur tour, look into our special add-on packages where we take the guesswork out of touring Bardstown and beyond. Book your room today!