Southern favorites, innovative New American fare, casual eats, and elegant fine dining—there’s no shortage of fantastic restaurants in Bardstown, KY, to explore during your stay. Our charming town is often referred to as one of the most “beautiful small towns in America” and the “birthplace of bourbon,” Both have drawn a robust culinary presence to this area. And many of our local Bardstown distilleries are also offering fantastic dining options.
One of the first things you’ll notice about Bardstown is the comprehensive collection of distilleries, and if you’re going to fully enjoy yourself at these bourbon tastings and experiences then you are going to need to eat! Thankfully, as a guest at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast, we’ll start your day off on the right foot with a hearty meal. You’ll be set and ready to grab a spot in line to get those coveted small batch bottles at the local distilleries!
Whether you’re heading to Kentucky for a romantic getaway, bourbon-focused adventure, or celebrating a milestone, our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is the ideal lodging choice. Our historic manor has been meticulously restored and modernized for spectacular getaways in the Bluegrass State. Relax in your beautifully-appointed guest suite, then head out on the town to sip some of the finest bourbons and dine out at the best restaurants in Bardstown, KY—that sounds like the perfect vacation to us! Book your room today.
The Top Ten Restaurants in Bardstown, KY, for 2023
One thing’s for sure in Bardstown—we love to eat! There’s a restaurant to suit every palate, from traditional Southern cuisine and fine dining steak houses to casual barbeque joints and decadent desserts. While we might not have the largest selection in Bardstown of places to dine, it’s all about quality over quantity here. Chefs around town try to support local agriculture whenever possible.
Plus, the majority of these restaurants in Bardstown are locally-owned, meaning these spaces are someone’s dream come to life. Here are the top ten restaurants in Bardstown, KY, to add to your list:
- The Rickhouse Restaurant: As one of the most romantic restaurants in Bardstown, KY, you’ll find world-class bourbon flights, craft cocktails, hearty steak dinners, and decadent desserts served over candlelight.
- Toogie’s Table: One of the newest additions to the collection of restaurants in Bardstown, KY, this modern American kitchen is working closely with local farmers and distillers and serving creative, wholesome meals.
- Old Kentucky Home Country Club: Where upscale meets casual, this country club restaurant has served fresh fare to the community for over 80 years.
- The Bar at Willett Distillery: After a tour of the bourbon distillery, head to the Bar at Willett for fantastic share plates, beautiful bourbon cocktails, and an elegant atmosphere reminiscent of the speakeasy of the past. Reservations are required.
- Kitchen & Bar at Bardstown Bourbon Company: For a “modern Kentucky experience,” the full-service restaurant at this local distillery is the perfect stop after a tour, tasting, or cocktail class.
- Old Talbott Tavern: As one of the oldest known taverns in the US, you’ll find hearty Kentucky classics, strong drinks, and plenty of intriguing stories from the past.
- Scout & Scholar: Located in the heart of town, this is one of the best restaurants in Bardstown, KY, for a fun beer flight, an excellent smash burger, and the perfect gathering place for lively discourse.
- The Kitchen Table at Jim Beam Distillery: After a recent complete remodel, the Jim Beam Distillery is home to one of the best restaurants in Bardstown, KY, for a family-style meal.
- My Old Kentucky Dinner Train: For a unique dining experience, you’ll enjoy a gourmet meal while riding in style through the beautiful countryside of the Bluegrass State.
- Hurst Drugstore & Soda Fountain: Find a red stool at the soda fountain counter and watch your favorite old-school malt or milkshake made right before your eyes! Great for a casual stop while exploring downtown Bardstown, KY.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Bardstown, KY
Allow us to take care of your breakfast each morning of your stay, and head out to these lovely restaurants in Bardstown, KY, for your lunch and dinner plans. From the early hours, our elegant dining room and the kitchen come alive with pleasant aromas and hushed sounds as we prepare our award-winning full-country breakfast service for our guests. It’s the best way to start your day!
As seasoned and experienced Innkeepers and a Select Registry property, we are constantly recognized for our excellence year after year by hospitality professionals and our valued return guests. Our historic bed and breakfast is one of Bardstown, KY’s best (and most romantic) places to stay. It’s an experience that you truly have to enjoy firsthand! You’ll see from the moment you arrive at our beautiful Manor House why guests join us time and again. We can’t wait to be your hosts; book today!