One of the most romantic restaurants in town is The Rickhouse Bardstown. This stalwart restaurant and lounge resides in the lower basement level of the historic Spalding Hall building. The space itself exudes an intimate ambiance; the subterranean brick arched walls, sparkling candlelight, and surrounding bourbon barrels create a unique setting, perfect for enjoying world-class bourbon flights, craft cocktails, hearty steak dinners, and decadent desserts.
Besides The Rickhouse Bardstown, you’ll have your pick from an array of fantastic cuisines at the restaurants in Bardstown, KY—from farm-to-table dining, casual eats, and Southern comfort food—our town is full of culinary talent. After all, bourbon tasting around town can spark up quite an appetite. As a guest at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast, allow us to take care of your morning meal. Our multi-coursed gourmet breakfast is the best way to start your day, and you’ll love the elegant ambiance of our dining room.
We’re also the ideal location for those hoping to take a culinary journey during your time in Kentucky. Most of the Bardstown restaurants are just a quick drive or Uber from our Inn—making transportation a breeze. For those who make a reservation at The Rickhouse Bardstown, you’ll be less than five minutes by car. We can’t wait to host you in the Bourbon Capital of the World! Book your next romantic getaway today.
The Rickhouse Bardstown & More Favorite Restaurants
One thing’s for sure about a trip to Kentucky is that you won’t be hungry! There are so many delectable Bardstown restaurants to choose from for your lunch and dinner options during your trip. Allow us to make a reservation for you at the Rickhouse Bardstown or these other local favorites:
- The Rickhouse Bardstown: Giving out those speakeasy vibes, find this secluded entrance under a set of old stone stairs of the historic Spalding Hall. Descend into the cozy darkness for more than 150 bourbon choices, grilled Ceaser salad, perfectly cooked filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, and bourbon bread pudding.
- The Kitchen & Bar at Bardstown Bourbon Distillery: After an immersive bourbon tour, demonstration, or cocktail class, head to this modern farm-to-table restaurant for fresh salads, share plates, fried chicken, and a world-class cocktail program.
- The Bar at Willett: Another excellent space for romantic dinner with drinks, this bar located at the famed Willett Distillery will be a memorable addition to any getaway. Salty snacks and thoughtfully prepared small plates pair perfectly with their fancy bourbon concoctions.
- Mammy’s Kitchen and Bar: For a laid-back meal Southern-style, Mammy’s serves up Kentucky hot browns, bourbon pork chops, and homemade pies. Also, plan ahead and check out the live music schedule!
- Old Talbot Tavern: As one of the oldest taverns in the country, serving as a watering hole since the 1700s, this historic stop in Bardstown is a must. They offer an extensive lunch and dinner menu with options like fried green tomatoes, ribeye or country fried steak, and blackened shrimp and grits.
- My Old Kentucky Dinner Train: You’ll enjoy more than just a meal at this Bardstown restaurant. This antique train car takes you through the stunning countryside while you wine and dine. They offer lunch, dinner, and themed meals for an unforgettable excursion in bourbon country.
The Ultimate Lodging Choice in Bardstown, KY
After your romantic dinner for two at The Rickhouse Bardstown, your cozy and comfortable suite at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast will be awaiting your return. Slip into your comfortable robe, light the fire, open a bottle of wine, and relax. A restful night’s sleep is to come in our premium king and queen-size beds. Sleep easy knowing breakfast is on us—a full gourmet morning spread served in our elegant dining room paired with hot coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. Be sure to check out our spa options and special add-on packages!