One of the must-see stops on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail is Lux Row Distillers—a state-of-the-art distillery with six distinct brands under one roof—including Rebel Bourbon, Ezra Brooks, Blood Oath, and much more. The award-winning distillery offers behind-the-scenes tours, a gift shop, and a cocktail bar serving mixed drinks and straight pours from the local house labels.
Ninety-five percent of the world’s bourbon is produced in Kentucky, so it’s only fitting that there’s a trail dedicated to trying all the best options. The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is a road-trip style experience for visitors (and locals) of the Bluegrass State to check out the signature distilleries. And just like Lux Row Distillers, you’ll have the opportunity to taste the bourbons and tour these excellent establishments.
Before you start planning your route on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and there’s no better place to experience bourbon country than our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. Our elegant and historic Inn is home to ten spirit-themed suites, beautiful garden grounds, and shared spaces for gourmet breakfast in the morning or an evening cocktail.
Stop at Lux Row Distillers on the KY Bourbon Trail
As a guest at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast, you’ll only be about ten minutes from the tour and tasting at Lux Row Distillers. In fact, Lux Row Distillers is just one of the many bourbon distilleries within a quick drive from our Bardstown Inn.
Here’s what to expect on a tour and tasting at Lux Row Distillers:
- Lux Row Distillers holds the number one spot on TripAdvisor of the best things to do in Bardstown. Of the nearly 400 five-star reviews, the standouts are the friendly staff, knowledgeable guides, beautiful facility, and fantastic bourbon tastings.
- Aside from the Lux Row Distillers brand, five other bourbon brands call this space home, including Rebel Bourbon, Ezra Brooks, Daviess County, David Nicholson, and Blood Oath.
- It’s a beautiful scenic drive up to Lux Row Distillers; a long line of trees borders the road as you reach the modern 18,000-square-foot building. They have ten barrel warehouses and 43-foot custom copper still (all of which you’ll see firsthand on a tour).
- John Rempe is the master distiller at this location—he has more than 20 years of experience and oversees the production of all the lines produced at Lux Row.
- There are a few options when booking a tour here. From the Lux Row Libations Cocktail course to the Top Shelf Experience, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at how the distillery runs, the process of bourbon distilling, and get to taste some fantastic products.
Book One of our Bourbon Excursion Packages:
One of the best ways to truly enjoy a tour on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail is to book a package that includes transportation. At our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast, we offer a huge selection of special packages to add to your lodging, including tour tickets, guided routes, and hand-picked stops at the local bourbon distilleries. If you’d like Lux Row Distillers to be one of the stops, just ask! These tours are flexible and can be customized to your group’s needs. A guided tour of the nearby distilleries in the “Bourbon Capital of the World” will be one you won’t soon forget.
Best Lodging on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail
Over our many years as Innkeepers, our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast has been awarded many top honors, including a selection from Bourbon Review Magazine as one of the “Top 50 Places to Stay in Bourbon Country” and most recently listed as one of the “Ten Best Places to Stay for the Bourbon Trail” by Liquor Laboratory. Our dedication to hospitality, culinary greatness, and overall comfort for our guests have always taken top priority. All of our ten guest rooms and suites offer private baths, antique furnishings, fine art, Egyptian cotton sheets, Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, free wi-fi, and much more!