The holidays are almost upon us! This means it’s time for a quick getaway before the madness sets in. Thankfully, our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is one of the most peaceful and relaxing places to unwind. You’ll spend mornings with freshly brewed coffee and a gourmet breakfast spread, days can be split up between tastings and tours at the local Bardstown distilleries or spa treatments and massages, and the evenings you’ll be wining and dining at some of the best restaurants in Kentucky.
At our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast, bourbon is celebrated; we’re called the Bourbon Manor, after all! Each of our ten elegant guest rooms and suites is spirit-themed, named after our favorite cocktails. Not only will you love our afternoon happy hour, but you’ll be in the best location for exploring the nearby bourbon distillery tours, the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History, and beautiful bars with innovative cocktail menus. Join us in Bardstown to celebrate the spirit that put us on the map and get into the holiday spirit with us. Book your pre-holiday getaway at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast today!
Best Things to do Near our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast
Bardstown is decked out during the holidays with festive decorations and high spirits all around! There are plenty of fun events and activities best enjoyed under the twinkling lights and will a bourbon-based beverage in hand. Here are the best things to do this holiday season near our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast :
- Bardstown’s downtown area is just a few minutes from the Bourbon Manor. You’ll find plenty of local shops and boutiques offering unique gifts for those on your shopping list. Better yet, when in doubt, buy a classic and tasty bottle of bourbon for those who appreciate the finer things in life. You may even run into Santa!
- Our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is the ideal home base for exploring the nearby bourbon distillery tours and tastings. We even offer great packages to add to your lodging, including a chauffeured and guided tour to a handful of our favorite distilleries on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
- For those who enjoy history, there’s plenty of that in our small town, founded in 1780. History buffs will love touring the Oscar Getzs Museum of Whiskey History, the historic downtown walking tour, and many old mansions and houses to explore the olden days of the South.
- Vacation is meant to be decadent! And dining out at the best Bardstown restaurants fits that bill. You’ll find everything from innovative American cuisine to classic steak houses, Southern soul food, and international delights. For a romantic evening out, be sure to check out The Rickhouse in a historic building in downtown Bardstown.
- The Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest is a beautiful place to visit year-round. If you happen to be in Bardstown during December, the holiday open house is a must. You’ll find all the last-minute gifts you need to finish up your shopping list!
The Most Romantic Place to Stay in Kentucky
The Sweet Old Fashioned is a bourbon cocktail created in the late 1800s and is a favorite. This classic drink is made by dissolving sugar in bitters and then adding bourbon and a twist of lemon—served over ice. This perfect combination is also found in the Sweet Old Fashioned Suite, pictured above. As one of our most spacious guestrooms, it’s both elegant and luxurious and the best place to relax at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast after exploring our charming small town.
Sit back with your feet up in our antique and comfortable furnishings. You’ll quickly fall asleep between 600-thread-count linens in a canopy bed genuinely fit for a king. As a flame flickers in the year-round electric fireplace, you’ll unwind and feel the stress of everyday melt away. Awaken to beautiful morning views of our expansive lawn with ancient magnolia trees and beautiful flower gardens—or perhaps a blanket of white, crisp snow!
An award-winning full country breakfast will await you in our dining room between 8 am and 10 am and will prepare you for a lovely day shopping and sipping your way through Bardstown. Book your next holiday getaway today!