As the first Bourbon-themed Bed and Breakfast in the state of Kentucky, we take Bourbon seriously. The town we are located in, Bardstown, is known as the Bourbon capital of the world. Not only is it the trailhead for the famed Kentucky Bourbon Trail, but Bardstown itself is home to 5 different distilleries, including Maker’s Mark and Jim Beam. Bourbon is our business, and for us, September is an exciting month. The Kentucky Bourbon Festival is happening in Bardstown from Sept. 12-18. Book your room at our spectacular themed Bed and Breakfast for, and join us for this exciting event!
Kentucky Bourbon Festival
Bourbon, first created in Kentucky in the 1700’s by inventive pioneers, is considered to be America’s only true spirit. The passion that drove these early distillers is still alive in the distilleries of Bardstown today. The Kentucky Bourbon Festival seeks to celebrate these humble beginnings, while showcasing the modern bourbon industry. The Kentucky Bourbon Festival began as a Bourbon tasting and dinner, and has since grown into a 6-day long celebration of bourbon, complete with delicious food and great entertainment.
There are a variety of wonderful events taking place throughout the festival. This is your best chance to immerse yourself into the Kentucky’s world of Bourbon. Buy your tickets today, so you don’t miss this exciting opportunity. The most popular events include the following:
- Boots & Bourbon: Dance along to live music with Buffalo Trace Distillery, enjoy fantastic food, and be prepared to ride the Buffalo.
- All Star Sampler: Sample iconic Bourbons while enjoying genuine Kentucky cuisine and music
- Bourbon, Cigars, & Jazz: Enjoy an evening of fine cigars and fine Bourbon from Heaven Hill, plus delicious food and jazz music
- Delectable Distillery Tour: Enjoy an exclusive bourbon dinner and walking tour through the Maker’s Mark Distillery
- Balloon Glow: Enjoy the spectacular sight of hot air balloons lit up at the fairgrounds.
- Master Distillers Auction: Bid on vintage items and unusual bottles of your favorite Kentucky Bourbon, some autographed by the Master Distillers
- Bootleggers & Bushwackers Train Robbery: Take a 2-hour scenic ride through the countryside on a vintage steam locomotive, and find a little trouble along the way.
- Any Way She Likes It: Learn how to pair different bourbon flavors with food from renowned bourbon author Susan Reigler.
- Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History: Explore the exhibits in this 1826 building housing stills, photos, artifacts and displays of distilling from pre-colonial days to the present.
- The Great Kentucky Bourbon Tasting & Gala: This is your best opportunity to sample the finest Kentucky Bourbons from 9 distilleries and 4 brands. The evening includes a sit-down, Bourbon-inspired gourmet dinner, complete with a live band and dancing.
Once you’ve exhausted yourself at the Kentucky Bourbon Festival, come back to the luxurious, antique-appointed accommodations found at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast. Wrap up the evening in The Bunghole Bourbon Bar & Lounge, located in our historic, 3-story Tobacco Barn. Our historic Inn truly is a bourbon-lover’s paradise. Book your room with us today, and discover the best of Kentucky.