When you think of wine destinations, Kentucky probably isn’t at the top of your list. However, we’re here to argue that it certainly should be. Kentucky has been an integral part of the wine industry since the days of its inception. Wineries in Kentucky are a wonderful mix of history, heritage, and the modern industry. A visit to Kentucky wineries is a romantic experience perfect for the avid wine enthusiast, featuring wine tastings, festivals/events, and tours. Sip and swirl your way through the hot summer afternoons at Bardstown’s best wineries. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast today.
Kentucky Wine Trails
Though the Bourbon industry certainly dominates the minds of many, Kentucky has long been an important part of the wine industry. In fact, Kentucky was the home of the first commercial vineyard and winery in the entirety of the United States. Not only that, but Kentucky also once produced more than half of the grapes and wine in the United States. In the rolling hills of Bluegrass Country, you’ll find plenty of beautiful vineyards tucked away. There are a variety of Kentucky Wine Trails put together by the Kentucky Tourism department. These excellent guides will take you through Kentucky’s most popular wineries. Popular trails include:
- Northern Kentucky Back Roads Wine Trail, which was the first Kentucky wine trail.
- Wine and Spirits Bluegrass Tour, a combination of both Bourbon and Wine Trails.
Visit Bardstown Wineries
Though Bardstown is primarily known for it’s Bourbon Distilleries and pastoral beauty, there are also several great wineries nearby to enjoy. North Central Kentucky is covered in beautiful vineyards and wineries. In the charming small town of Bardstown, you’ll find four.
- The Chuckleberry Farm and Winery is a family owned operation that specializes in sweet fruit wines, making it your perfect first stop. Berry wines are a great alternative to traditional grape wines.
- The Forest Edge Winery has a variety of wines available in their tasting room, including reds, whites, and even specialty wines.
- McIntyres Winery & Berries specializes in dry, sweet, and fruit wines, all made from fresh grown blueberries and blackberries. They offer tours of the winery as well as tastings.
- The Springhill Winery is a beautiful place to spend an afternoon wine tasting. Their tasting toom and patio overlook their beautiful 3-acre vineyard.
No matter your wine tasting journey takes you, we know you’ll enjoy the fruity wines of Kentucky. Book your stay at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast today so you can start planning your adventure.