With the official arrival of fall finally here, it’s time to look forward to all that this beautiful season has to offer us in Bardstown, Kentucky. Trees are already beginning to hint at the fall color show to come, and soon we’ll be surrounded by the vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows that have make us fall in love with fall every year. Whether you want to enjoy the beauty of fall by foot or behind the wheel, you won’t have to go far to see the finest fall foliage Kentucky has to offer. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in the heart of Kentucky’s Bourbon Country today, and discover how magical a fall getaway in Kentucky can be.
An Unbeatable Fall Getaway
Bardstown, Kentucky is known for a variety of things, most notably as being the Bourbon capital of the world. There’s more to us than that, however. We’re also home to My Old Kentucky Home State Park and the incredible Stephen Foster Story. Bardstown was also recently named the ‘Most Beautiful Small Town in America” by Rand McNally and USA Today. Clearly, this charming town has plenty going for it as a fall getaway destination. Here are our favorite ways to celebrate fall in Bardstown:
- Walk the trails at Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest. You won’t find a better place in all of Kentucky from which to admire mature trees during their autumn displays. Hike along the trails, where you can take in colorful fall displays that include maples, dogwoods, magnolias, conifers, cypresses, hollies, beeches and buckeyes.
- Celebrate Fall at Bernheim’s annual ColorFest on October 15th.
- Take a historic Train Ride through the scenic Rolling Fork River Valley with the Kentucky Railway Museum.
- Dine in style on My Old Kentucky Dinner Train.
- Visit the Civil War Museum of the Western Theater. This is one of the four-most important Civil War Museums in the country, as well as Kentucky’s largest collection of Civil War artifacts.
- Take a Bourbon Distillery Tour. A Visit to Bardstown isn’t complete without at least one!
- Spend a day or two at the 36th annual Arts, Crafts & Antiques Fair.
- Relax and unwind in the spectacular Bunghole Bourbon Bar at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast.
No matter how you choose to spend your day in Fall Getaway, rest easy knowing you have the comfortable accommodations at Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast to come home to. Our themed Bed and Breakfast, located near the heart of Bardstown, is a Bourbon lover’s paradise. For an added touch of indulgence this fall, enjoy one or more treatments at our day spa. Enjoy the finest in accommodations in American’s most beautiful small town. Book your fall getaway at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast today.