The Jim Beam Distillery reopened at the end of last year, revealing a new era for the Beam Family: a modern take on serving bourbon to the millions of whiskey lovers who flock to Kentucky each year. As a premier bourbon destination, this updated complex reads like an adult version of Disneyland with interactive exhibits, historical memorabilia, and immersive distillery tours.
Since 1795, the Jim Beam brand—now one of the best-selling bourbon labels globally—has called the Bluegrass State home. The Jim Beam Distillery sits on a beautiful plot on the edges of the Bernheim Forest in Clermont, KY. The campus includes the American Outpost for education and tours, the Casehouse for hands-on activities, an all-new Fred B. Noe Distillery, and a full-service restaurant and bar The Kitchen Table.
At the Jim Beam Distillery, their tagline is “come as friends, leave as family,” and that’s precisely the style of Southern hospitality we achieve at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast. When you check into our Bardstown Inn, you’ll be welcomed with open arms, whisked away to your beautiful suite, and have everything you need to fully unwind and relax. Start planning your next adventure on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and book your stay at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast today!
Enjoy at Tasting and Tour at Jim Beam Distillery
As a guest at our premier Bardstown Bed and Breakfast, you’ll only be about a 20-minute scenic drive to the Jim Beam Distillery. We also offer an impressive selection of bourbon distillery tour options—many of which include transportation—always an essential factor to consider when your outings include indulging in adult beverages.
Here are five interesting things to know about the new Jim Beam Distillery before you visit:
- With the reopening of the Jim Beam Distillery, the keys to this family-run company were handed down to its eighth generation, Freddie Noe. The brand began in 1795, survived prohibition, and now sells millions and millions of liter cases each year.
- The American Outpost building serves as the welcoming grounds at the Jim Beam campus; the sleek white structure resembles the classic Jim Beam label. The 90-minute Beam Made Bourbon Distillery Tour and Tasting begins here. You’ll learn about the 200-year history of the brand and walk through the still area where they make the Jim Beam, Knob Creek, and Basil Hayden brands.
- The tour continues to the Casehouse, where guests will partake in an immersive, six-stage experience with hands-on exhibits. Next up is the historic Rackhouse, where the bourbon barrels finish their journey and age to perfection.
- The brand new Fred B. Noe Distillery building on the Jim Beam distillery campus is the hub for experimentation, blending, and the premium brands the makers produce. The ultra-modern facility is powered by renewable energy and custom-designed in every way to create a fantastic experience for whiskey enthusiasts.
- You’ll want to head to The Kitchen Table Bar and Restaurant after your tour and tasting for a Southern meal and a craft-made cocktail. Belly up to the giant 30 seat bar or find a rocking chair on the wraparound porch for a leisurely afternoon of shareable appetizers, wood-fired pizzas, and traditional southern dishes like fried catfish or smoked chicken. And don’t miss the cocktails; all bourbon-based and refreshing. Or check out the tasting menu with bourbons from the entire Beam catalog.
Elegant Lodging at our Bardstown B&B
Our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is the ideal lodging for exploring the Jim Beam Distillery and the other spectacular Bardstown bourbon distilleries. We’re consistantly recognized by TripAdvisor (thanks to all of the wonderful reviews from our past visitors) as the best B&B in Bardstown. Guests mention our welcoming and knowledgable service, delicious breakfast each morning, and beautiful antique appointed suites as to why they love and recommend staying at the Bourbon Manor.