While bourbon might be the drink of choice for most who head to Bardstown, we’re also home to some of the best wineries in Kentucky! The Bluegrass State has more than 60 wineries, and the majority focus on growing Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Chardonnay. Our state is also the largest producer of wine in all of the American South, and thankfully, a handful of these best wineries in Kentucky are near our Bardstown B&B.
Our historic Bed and Breakfast is in the heart of Bardstown, located on a pretty slice of land with old-growth trees and rolling green lawns. Inside the manor and the adjacent guest cottage, you’ll find gorgeous shared spaces to relax and ten immaculate spirit-themed guest suites for your stay. We’re all about Southern hospitality and making each getaway the most enjoyable it can be. That starts with our nightly reception service with a bourbon-based cocktail and friendly conversation.
Best Wineries in Kentucky for a Wine Tasting Adventure
If you’re interested in tasting at the best wineries in Kentucky near Bardstown, you’re in luck when you stay at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast. It just so happens that we offer an add-on package to your lodging for a limo tour with stops along the KY Wine Trail. Call at least one month in advance to add this package to your room and we’ll give you all the details.
Here are our five favorite wineries in Kentucky near our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast:
- Buillet’s Winery and Bistro: This is one of the best wineries in Kentucky for a glass of refreshing fruity wine paired with classic Italian dishes, including gourmet pizzas. Additionally, it’s only a matter of minutes from our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast in the heart of downtown.
- Forest Edge Winery: A few miles down the road from the newly remodeled Jim Beam Distillery and the Bernheim Arboretum, head here for the award-winning fruity blends and hop-infused white wine. Every second Saturday of the month, they have live music, with more events in the summer months.
- Jester’s Winery and Cafe: Be sure to add this winery and cafe to your itinerary for lunch and a glass of wine on the outdoor patio with impressive views. The menu features flatbreads, burgers, and salads perfectly paired with Black Jester, a big, bold red blend. This is one of the best wineries in Kentucky near the Maker’s Mark Distillery, which is always a fun stop for a bourbon tasting.
- McIntyre’s Winery and Berries: Down on a scenic country road, this is one of the best wineries in Kentucky for a fully immersive experience and to try some sweet berry wine. A stop out here includes touring the farm, wine tasting, berry picking, and overall, just a lovely day out in the countryside. Be sure to grab a bottle of the Persimmon Sweet wine; it’s a unique treat that you won’t find just anywhere.
- Wight Meyer Vineyard and Winery: Known as Buillet County’s first commercial vineyard, this 16-acre winery grows only the best Kentucky grapes, including big reds, crisp whites, and floral roses. For the tasting flight, you’ll enjoy six of their award-winning wines for only five dollars and the beautiful country vineyard is the perfect place for a picnic!
Stunning Lodging in Bardstown, Kentucky
The historic Greek Revival-style mansion that houses the Bourbon Manor was built in the early 1800s, but over the years, we’ve modernized and restored every inch for a luxurious stay. All while meticulously maintaining the old-world charm that makes the Inn unique and special. It’s no wonder the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast is known as one of the best places to stay in Bardstown, KY! And it’s the perfect place to call home while exploring the best wineries in Kentucky.
Join us each morning in our elegant dining room for a full, gourmet country breakfast. We use Kentucky Proud and locally grown ingredients whenever possible in our homemade baked goods, soufflé pancakes, signature egg dishes, and cheesy hash brown casserole. We also offer a continental breakfast for those who may enjoy a day sleeping in late. We can’t wait to host you; book your suite today!