One of our favorite places to visit in Bardstown is the Willett Distillery, established in 1936; this family-owned distillery embraces the importance of traditional methods that put Kentucky bourbon on the map. You’ll want to book a Willett Distillery tour and then finish your visit with cocktails and small plates at the Bar at Willett—a cozy, dark bar and kitchen with speakeasy vibes.
We can’t think of a more exciting addition to your vacation than a bourbon tasting and tour in the “Bourbon Capital of the World.” The Kentucky Bourbon Trail offers a whole day itinerary exploring the Bardstown Kentucky distilleries. A key element of planning your time heading to Willett Distillery and more is your lodging and transportation. When you stay at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast, we offer packages that cover both!
Our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is a fantastic location for exploring the shopping and restaurants of the Bardstown area and, especially, the local bourbon distilleries. We’re always happy to help make reservations and offer our expertise for enjoying your time in Bardstown and the surrounding areas. Our guest rooms are elegant and comfortable; your first visit will most likely not be your last!
Head to Willett Distillery & More Bourbon Tastings
The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is an excellent resource for those who want to include more than one tasting at the bourbon distillers here. If you only have time for one, Willett Distillery is a lovely way to get a crash course on the history of bourbon in the area and taste some prime examples of whiskey.
- Willett Distillery: Only ten minutes away from our Bed and Breakfast, this Bardstown, Kentucky distillery is a must-visit. While Willett Distillery was started in 1936 by Thompson Willett, the history dates back to the late 1600s, so there’s a lot to learn on a tour here. Also, The Bar at Willett is a handsome space for a fancy bourbon craft cocktail. Be sure to grab a Willett family estate bottled bourbon to bring home!
More Nearby Bardstown Bourbon Distilleries to Visit:
- Preservation Distillery: This distillery is true Kentucky blue-grass country with panoramic views of the full-working 40-acre farm. They make their bourbon in small batches here, using a pot-distilling method, which produces big and rich whiskeys.
- Barton 1792 Distillery: Our Inn is only about five minutes drive from this well-known bourbon maker. And thankfully, the tours and tastings are complimentary! Established in 1879, this is one of the oldest Bardstown Kentucky distilleries still operating today.
- Bardstown Bourbon Company: You’ll get an up-close look behind the scenes at this Bardstown bourbon distillery. They take you through where and how they make their whiskies and ryes. Even better, you get to enjoy those bourbon blends in the on-site Kitchen & Bar in cocktail form, along with a full menu of appetizers, mains, and desserts.
- Lux Row: With well-known names like Rebel Yell and Ezra Brooks, this giant distillery is pumping out a lot of bourbons. Currently, they’re offering three tours, but for the most in-depth look behind the scenes with a top-shelf tasting, pick the Lux Row Premium Experience.
- Heaven Hill Distillery: Since 1935, this award-winning distillery with brands like Evan Williams, Elijah Craig, and Larceny, has been a hub of bourbon education. The Bourbon Heritage Center is a great place to start in one of the many tasting rooms, informative tours, and bourbon-themed souvenirs from the gift shop.
Eclectic Lodging at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast
Walking into our Historic Manor House in Bardstown is like taking a step back into time—just with an extra splash of color and all the modern amenities one craves on a special getaway. From elegant and spacious guest suites and complimentary breakfast to spa services and gym access, you’ll have it all for your next unforgettable vacation to Kentucky.