Bardstown Bourbon Company might not be one of the oldest spirit producers in Kentucky, but what they lack in years, they make up for with innovation and a fresh approach to bourbon distilling. The 40,000 square foot distillery for Bardstown Bourbon Company, set on 100-acres of working farmland, channels the tasting experiences with Napa Valley-style in mind. They bring a modern approach to the campus, creating a new atmosphere for tastings, tours, and cocktail classes.
The Bardstown Bourbon Company building is a destination experience, including a state-of-the-art distillery, culinary stand-out restaurant and bar, vintage whiskey library, and in-depth educational opportunities. The open, airy space is geared to include and involve visitors in the distilling process, and big glass walls offer views of the stills and makers in action.
One of the absolute best places to stay in Bardstown is the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast, especially if you have an affinity for the spirit that puts Bardstown KY, on the map. You’ll be a quick 10-minute drive from our Inn to the Bardstown Bourbon Company (even better with our chauffeured bourbon tour options). Our historic Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is the perfect backdrop for your vacation in Kentucky, with ten elegant guest suites, cozy common rooms, and gourmet meals each morning.
Classes and Tastings at Bardstown Bourbon Company
More often than not, a trip to Bardstown KY includes a bourbon tasting or two, and Bardstown Bourbon Company is a great spot to learn more about this historic drink, taste through some interesting vintages, and enjoy an elegant meal.
Here are five of the offerings you’ll find on your adventure at Bardstown Bourbon Company:
- Bardstown Bourbon Company Flight Tasting: This is an excellent starter tasting for those just beginning to appreciate the nuances of flavor in bourbons. You’ll taste three distinct pours with an introduction into the Bardstown Bourbon Company’s approach to blending.
- From Distillate to Barrel Tour: This tour takes you through all the distilling and barrelling steps for a deeper look at the Bardstown Bourbon Company’s intensive process. Throughout this tour, you’ll taste whiskey and thieve bourbon straight from the barrel.
- Shaken and Stirred Cocktail Class: Visitors work with experienced spirits specialists to create two classic bourbon-based cocktails in this curated cocktail class. And then get to drink them, of course!
- A Taste of Bourbon History: This exclusive flight includes three rare vintage whiskeys. You’ll sit at a grand table surrounded by the library of more than 400 bottles of bourbon from the past—the oldest dating back to 1892.
- Kitchen and Bar: The dining experience at Bardstown Bourbon Company is one of the best in town. Kentucky classics are reimagined with local farm produce and products. Fried chicken or catfish, filet mignon, and hearty salads are just a few of the entrees to pair with the elegant bourbon cocktails freshly shaken at the bar.
Other Great Spots in Bardstown for a Bourbon Cocktail
There are many great bars for a cocktail just minutes from our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. Head out on foot to explore the bar scene of our charming small town:
- Blind Pig Bourbon Speakeasy: In a true testament to the speakeasy vibes of the prohibition era, this craft cocktail bar is tucked in downtown Bardstown. Order up an old-fashioned, find a cozy couch, and listen to live music with friendly company.
- Talbott Tavern: Known as one of the oldest bourbon bars in the US, this cozy space in dark woods and old stone is a must-stop for a cocktail. Stay for dinner for classic Kentucky dishes, like a smoked turkey and baked ham Hot Brown or fried green tomatoes, and chess pie for dessert.
- 3rd Street Taphouse: This local watering hole is constantly popping on the weekends with live DJs, bar games, 30 beers on draft, and a full bar menu.
- The Rickhouse: Located in the basement of the historic Spalding Hall building, enjoy a bourbon flight or craft cocktail surrounded by ancient exposed brick walls, bourbon barrels, and beautiful arches. Don’t miss the fantastic signature steak dinner options as well.
The Best Bardstown Bed and Breakfast for a Getaway
Everything about Bardstown exudes class, a rich history, and charm. So it’s only fitting that your lodging choice encompasses that same feeling. Our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast fit the bill to a tee—the grand mansion has been meticulously restored to showcase the stunning architecture and antique details of the 1820s. Each of our ten guest suites is richly appointed with modern amenities, cozy seating areas, fireplaces, luxurious beds, and private baths.