There’s something about Bardstown‘s historic small-town red-brick Southern charm that inspires and enhance a sense of romance, and our Bardstown KY lodging is the perfect embodiment of that soothing, timeless appeal — a small wonder for a bed and breakfast inn called the Bourbon Manor in a town known as the Bourbon Capital of the World.
Our Bardstown KY lodging, located just outside of downtown Bardstown, offers a bucolic, wooded, park-like setting centered on two pre-Civil War plantation homes that have been painstakingly remodeled into a Bourbon-themed Inn. We offer 10 luxurious and spacious guest rooms, each appointed with antiques as well as modern amenities. In the common areas, lush gothic reds offset marvelous gleaming antiques for a thrilling trip to an antebellum-style past. It’s easy to feel swept up in something sensuous and glorious and even a little dramatic, such is the stunning impact of a first look inside.
And that’s just the start of your romantic escape to Bourbon Manor as Valentine’s Day approaches. So make your plans for an intimate getaway to the heart of Bourbon Country. Start by booking your stay today at our Bardstown KY lodging!
Why Our Breathtaking Bardstown KY Lodging Is the Best
Don’t just take our word for it! Look at our nearly 400 five-star reviews on Tripadvisor — and then take our word for it. We’ve worked hard to provide the perfect intimate escape for you. It shows in everything from our lovely winding staircase, reminiscent of descending to join a formal ball, to our gorgeous gardens to our Grand Piano Parlor. It’s all about making you feel a world away from home while feeling perfectly at home.
Guests are invited at all times into all our common areas, which also includes expansive sitting halls, an exercise gym, a day spa, and of course our dining room. In our Manor, you’ll enjoy not only a savory country breakfast but a delicious Bourbon beverage every afternoon during our daily Welcome Reception.
And when you retire to your room, you’ll not only be bathed in the soothing warmth of our charming historic decor, but you’ll feel pampered by our vast array of contemporary amenities — high-quality linens and toiletries, plush robes, high-speed internet, flat-screen TV with free cable and movies, and of course, magnificent views of our property and beyond into beautiful Bardstown.
And we all offer all manner of specials designed to add an extra layer of romance onto your intimate escape, from our Ultimate Romantic Getaway and Honeymoon or Anniversary packages to our Roses, Romance, and Relaxation enhancement.
5 Great Things to Do in Beautiful Bardstown KY
And speaking of Bardstown, here are some fun things to do and see just a short distance beyond the front doors of our Bardstown KY lodging:
- Bourbon touring and tasting. With a mask in your hand and current social-distancing guidelines in your head, you can safely enjoy a number of Bourbon-centric experiences to engage all five senses in and near Bardstown. Check on current COVID-19 protocols and restrictions before heading out, however.
- Enjoy outdoor Bardstown. There’s plenty of great places for hand-in-hand stroll through bucolic and scenic Kentucky nature. Try the grounds of the Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest or My Old Kentucky Home State Park. You can find great local bicycling routes here, and fantastic walking/hiking trails here.
- Bardstown is home to more than Bourbon distilleries — it has wineries as well! One that tells the story of how the town has changed while honoring its history is Chuckleberry Farm & Winery, where a local couple converted a tobacco farm into acreage for grape-growing and winemaking. There’s also Forest Edge Winery, McIntyre’s Winery & Berries, Springhill Winery, and Horseshoe Bend Winery.
- Romantic dinner options. Bardstown has no shortage of great places with a warm ambiance and intimate feel. There’s The Bar at Willett, newly opened at the Willett Bourbon Distillery., perfect for classic cocktails and savory small plates. The Bottle & Bond Kitchen and Bar offers excellent contemporary Southern food, and the Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge offers a cozy, candlelit atmosphere with great food, and the Kurtz Restaurant offers the same in a historic house.
- Stay in! Get a couples massage at our cozy day spa, or give your sweetheart the gift of a massage or other wellness therapies of their choice. They include myofascial, shiatsu, acupressure, Tui Na, sports and tripper-point-therapy, and reflexology massages.
Plan Your Bardstown KY Lodging Getaway Today!
We hope we’ve convinced you that Bardstown, Kentucky — and our Bardstown KY lodging — offers the ultimate in small-town tranquility with an extra splash of taste and warmth that goes down every bit as smoothly in your soul as a few fingers of Kentucky bourbon.
Don’t you think it’s time you plan your Bourbon Capital of the World escape? Start by reserving a luxurious guest suite today at our Bardstown KY lodging — Kentucky’s only Bourbon-themed bed and breakfast!