We may be known as the bourbon capitol of the world in Bardstown, but don’t be surprised by the great selection of wineries and breweries near our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. While touring and tasting at the whiskey distilleries is a must on a vacation here, you’ll also want to include trying local vino and craft beer as well. Our location in Bardstown is ideal for a getaway filled with relaxing outings imbibing all that this area has to offer.
In downtown Bardstown, you’ll find a huge selection of tasting rooms, restaurants, and cafes. If you explore a bit out of city limits, you’ll find even more of these local wineries and breweries creating thoughtful and delicious adult beverages. The majority of grapes grown in our great state of Kentucky are Cabernet, Chardonnay, and Cab Franc. These hearty varietals soak up the heat, which creates complex and beautiful wines.
One of our favorite breweries near our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is Scout and Scholar Brewing. You’ll be less than a mile from their creative fruited sour beers and traditional pale ales. They also have a jazzy lunch and dinner menu, with items liked smoked wings, shrimp and grits, and a perfect fried chicken sandwich.
As a guest at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast, join us every afternoon for cocktail hour, where we mix up one of our favorite bourbon concoctions. Enjoy it out on the patio in the shade or inside in one of our comfortable common areas. It’s the best way to kick off the afternoon before heading out to check out the nearby wineries and breweries. Check our availability and book today!
Wineries and Breweries Near Our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast
Bardstown KY is a small town with big flavors. One thing you’ll learn about bourbon on one of the many distillery tours here is that it’s a spirit with nuance and complexity—just like other crafted beverages like beer and wine. At these nearby wineries and breweries, they take their industries seriously and it shows in their award-winning products.
Here are 8 wineries and breweries within a half hour from our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast:
- Scout and Scholar: Just a few minutes from the Inn, this is one of the breweries in Bardstown that’s surely worth a visit, or two. The beer list isn’t your traditional line-up, with options like sour-fruited ales with tropical fruits, honey, and spices. The food menu packs a lot of flavor too!
- 3rd Street Tap House: You’ll find some of the best from Kentucky breweries on tap at this local haunt. Come for a cold pint and bar snacks, stay for the live music and conversations with new friends.
- Flywheel Brewing: While our neighboring small town of Elizabethtown KY is about a 30-minute drive from our Bed and Breakfast, it’s a nice place to plan a day trip. While you’re there grab a fresh pint at this local brewery with 16 beers on tap.
- Buillet’s Winery and Bistro: This is one of the wineries that is a matter of minutes from our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. Right in the heart of downtown, you’ll find fun flights of KY wine and hearty Italian dishes.
- Forest Edge Winery: Just a few miles down the road from the iconic Jim Beam distillery, this wineries is also worth a visit for a tasting of their award-winning fruity blends and hop-infused white wine.
- Wight Meyer Vineyard and Winery: Enjoy a tasting of Kentucky grown grapes, which includes six wines for only five dollars! This winery is known as the first in Buillet County.
- Jester’s Winery and Cafe: If you’re making a trip out to the Maker’s Mark Distillery (which we recommend you do) then plan on adding this winery and cafe to your itinerary. Grab lunch and a glass of wine on the outdoor patio with impressive views.
- McIntyre’s Winery and Berries: Head out down the scenic country road to some impressive home made berry wines. Tour the farm, drink some wine, pick fresh blueberries, and enjoy a lovely day out in the countryside.
Plan to tour these wineries and breweries on your stay with us! If you have any questions, need directions, or reservations please allow one of our helpful staff members to assist you.
Unique and Luxury Lodging at Our Bardstown B&B
While a visit out to one of these Bardstown wineries and breweries will be a great part of your getaway, coming back to our Bed and Breakfast is always the best part! Our welcoming hospitality, meticulous housekeeping, and relaxing atmosphere makes every day here a treat. Each of our 10 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms are unique with high end amenities focusing on life’s ultimate comfort elements.
Our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is a part of history and we’ve maintained that feeling throughout the Inn, but major restoration has brought us into this century. That includes our full service day spa and gym, offering massage and facials for the perfect add-on to any getaway to Bardstown Kentucky. Start planning today and book your stay!