Visitors have plenty of romantic and fun choices when looking for things to do in Bardstown KY. This charming historic town is packed with great restaurants, historic sites, and of course, excellent bourbon distilleries.
Make your couple’s escape to an elegant bed and breakfast in this beautiful area of Kentucky for an unforgettable getaway. Book your room at the unforgettable Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast today!
- Romantic Restaurants – Bardstown’s quaint, walkable downtown is filled with romantic places to dine and some of the surround bourbon distilleries also offer great dining. The Willet Distillery has recently opened The Bar at Willet, it’s a wonderful place for a classy cocktail and savory small plates. While Bottle & Bond Kitchen and Bar serves contemporary southern food with innovative craft cocktails, at the Bardstown Bourbon Company location. Discover the cozy, candlelit Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge, tucked away in the lower level of a historic Bardstown building in the center of town. The Kurtz Restaurant offers classic, home-made Southern cuisine in a beautiful historic house.
- Bourbon Distilleries – Learn more about the industry that made Bardstown. After all distillery tours and tastings are one of the most popular things to do in Bardstown KY. Visitors hear about the fascinating history, see the bourbon-making process and best of all, taste the smooth amber drink. Many distilleries offer special tours that include cocktail mixing classes, small bites, and even small bourbon museums on-site. Learn more about the 170-year-old bourbon recipe and the iconic wax-dipped bottles at Maker’s Mark®. Experience a hands-on tour at the Bardstown Bourbon Company, then stay for dinner at their restaurant Bottle & Bond. Visit the Heaven Hill Distillery that also houses the Bardstown Bourbon Heritage Center. The historic Willett Distillery and Barton 1792 Distillery both offer comprehensive tours with stories going back to the birth of the Bardstown industry.
- My Old Kentucky Home – No Bardstown visit is complete without touring this beautiful Federal-style mansion built in 1818. Experience the historic home of the Rowan family while strolling through the opulent rooms filled with antiques and original art. Your guide, dressed in period clothing, recalls stories of deadly duels, horse racing, and tragedy. A tour here must be on any list of things to do in Bardstown KY.
- Train Excursion – My Old Kentucky Dinner Train has several tour options for a very romantic and relaxing day or evening. Enjoy an excellent multi-course meal while the scenic Kentucky countryside rolls by your window. They also offer special tours for Valentine’s Day, an exciting Murder Mystery dinner and bourbon tasting experience as well. All excursion includes a sumptuous meal on the beautifully restored 1940’s dining car and it’s one of the most unique things to do in Bardstown KY.
- A Romantic Bed and Breakfast – Discover the luxurious Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast nestled in a serene park-like setting in the heart of beautiful Bardstown. The two graceful historic buildings house the refined guest suites all with private baths. The classic antique furnishings combine with all the modern amenities create the perfect relaxing atmosphere. Reserve your couple’s getaway and discover all the romantic things to do in Bardstown KY.
3 Romantic Things to do in Bardstown KY at our B&B
Your hosts at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast offer the very best in hospitality and attention to detail. From the gourmet breakfasts served each morning to the perfectly appointed rooms with plush beds and fine linens. However, The Bourbon Manor offers extra amenities to add to your best list of the things to do in Bardstown KY.
- Day Spa – Indulge yourself with a relaxing facial or massage at the on-site day spa in the warm treatment room with a cozy fireplace. The professionally licensed massage therapists offer a long list of options from deep-tissue to an in-room couple massage. What could be more romantic?
- Bourbon Bar and Lounge – Stop in for an after-dinner drink at the Bourbon Manor’s very own bar and lounge. The repurposed tobacco barn has been transformed into a chic, three-level hangout with cozy nooks and hideaways. It’s the perfect place to end a romantic evening.
- Special Packages – The Bourbon Manor’s special packages create a custom stay, tailored to your interests. The romantic specials include roses, champagne, chocolates and some offer a couple’s massage, a dinner out with transportation or even a horse and carriage ride around Bardstown. While other packages include golfing, and bourbon tours with transportation included as well.
Plan your romantic trip and discover all the exciting things to do in Bardstown KY. The Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast has a great central location in a tranquil setting and everything needed for a luxurious getaway. Reserve your elegant guest suite with us for the romantic couple’s escape you deserve.