Now that November is here, the busy holiday season is once again within our sights. Before you know it the sights, sounds, and smells of the holiday season will be upon us. Whether you plan to visit family in the area, or just want to carve out a little time for a magical getaway this winter, there’s no better time than now to plan in some Christmas-themed fun. Stay with us at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast, and experience for yourself the magical wonder of Christmas in Bardstown, Kentucky.
Celebrate the Holiday Season
Now that Thanksgiving is nearly upon us, it’s time to get busy planning our busy holiday schedules. Make sure you carve out time for you and your family to enjoy the special magic of the holiday season, too. In Bardstown, almost every shop and street corner transforms into a sparkling array of lights, candy canes, Christmas trees and holiday spirit. To help you get started, here is a great guide to festive events happening around Bardstown this holiday season:
- On November 25th, get into the holiday spirit with the Light up Bardstown festival downtown.
- Throughout December, big and little kids alike should take a ride aboard My Old Kentucky Dinner Train’s North Pole Express.
- On December 1st, enjoy the Bardstown Kiwanis Club’s Annual Christmas Parade.
- On December 2nd and 3rd, enjoy the Beautiful Music of Christmas, with The Mid-Kentucky Chorus at St. Catharine’s.
- On December 3, enjoy a Civil War Christmas, where re-enactors gather at the Old Pioneer Village as a Christmas encampment.
- On December 4, enjoy Christmas by Candlelight, an annual Christmas Carol program that tells the story of Christmas through familiar carols in modern settings.
- On December 10th, take a tour of beautifully decorated homes with Christmas Tour of Homes.
- Enjoy a spectacular Candlelight Tour of My Old Kentucky Home from December 15-18th.
- From December 16-18th, enjoy the 36th annual Live Nativity at Bardstown Baptist Church.
Perhaps you want to plan a special weekend with your spouse, or make it a girlfriend getaway to Bardstown with your closest friends to cross those final items of your Christmas lists? Bardstown just so happens to be a wonderful shopping destination, sure to help you with those hardest to find gifts. Popular shops to visit include:
- Bardstown Art Gallery & Thomas Merton Books
- Bourbon Country Soaps
- Gallery on the Square
- Just Jane at Merle Norman Bardstown
- The Primitive Crow Antiques
- The Nest
- Shaq & CoCo
- Koenig Farm Spinnery & Mercantile
- Bardstown Antiques Gallery
No matter what it is that brings you here, know that you have the inviting Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast to call home for the duration of your stay. We pride ourselves on warm hospitality and exceptional service for our guests. Book your room today, so you can experience a Christmas in Bardstown.