Bardstown, Kentucky is famously known as the most beautiful small town in America. We’ve come by this name honestly, as any visitor to Bardstown will tell you. As the state’s second oldest city, Bardstown is one of the best places to get a feel of old Kentucky, where Southern hospitality and respect for age-old traditions reign supreme. We also just so happen to be the Bourbon capital of the world. What’s not to love about Bardstown? This summer, take a hiking trip or two, and discover the beauty of Bardstown that earned us our nickname. When it’s time to relax, there are no accommodations more luxurious or fitting to the area than the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
Hiking in Bardstown
The state of Kentucky is an adventurous one. Everyday, it’s possible to try something new and explore someplace new. Hiking adventures range from the simple to the extreme, and the trails around Bardstown are no different. If you’re ready for a breath of fresh air, Bardstown makes a great home base to explore the trails in the area. Some of our favorite hiking trails within an hour of Bardstown include:
- The Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest is one of our favorite escapes into nature, and is easily reachable from our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. There are over 40 miles of trails to explore here. The forest is filled with incredible scenery, among its knobs and valleys, ridges, and hollows.
- The Jefferson Memorial Forest is 6,500 acre park near Louisville, and is the largest municipal forest in the country. There are miles of beautiful trails to explore here, which will make you feel as if you’re miles away from the city.
- Another beautiful park to explore near the Louisville area is Cherokee Park. The pastoral setting of the park features rolling hills, open meadows and woodlands.
- Knobs State Forest is a ruggedly beautiful, preserved section of forest near Bardstown. It’s a great, scenic place for hiking and wildlife viewing.
- The Parklands of Floyds Fork at Beckley Creek Park are incredible, and the opportunities for recreation here are limitless. Total, there are 4 parks in this system, and 47 incredible miles for hiking, biking, and walking.
After an adventurous day exploring the area, the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast will be waiting. Come relax and have a drink in our incredible Bourbon Bar & Lounge, which is located in our renovated 3-story tobacco barn. We have an incredible selection of cocktails and small plates; a perfect way to unwind after a day on the trails. To see this incredible area, all you need to do is book your room at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast today!