Starting to plan your next vacation out to one of the most charming small towns in Kentucky? You’ll find that there are so many things to do in Bardstown KY this summer, it’s a perfect destination for a weekend away. First and foremost, bourbon tasting is a must in this part of the state, as Bardstown was made famous by this brown barrel-aged nectar. But you’ll also find award-winning restaurants, historical attractions, and a beautiful countryside to explore.
One of the best things to do in Bardstown KY is to include a restful stay at our historic mansion turned luxury bed and breakfast. We offer all of the top of the line amenities, including spa services, gourmet breakfast spreads, and high-end appointments in each of our ten guest suites and common areas. Our ideal location to downtown puts you right in the best place to enjoy all the things to do in Bardstown KY.
As seasoned and experienced Innkeepers, we’ve had the honor of being recognized for our excellence year after year by hospitality professionals. The Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast is known as one of Bardstown KY’s best (and most romantic) places to stay. It’s an experience that you truly have to enjoy first hand! You’ll see from the moment you walk up to our beautiful Bardstown Inn why guests keep coming back again and again. We can’t wait to be your hosts; book today!
Our 10 Favorite Things to do in Bardstown KY This Summer
There are so many things to do in Bardstown KY this summer, but we’ve narrowed it down to our top ten list of favorites. One thing’s for sure, there’s no shortage of activities to fill your time here. Though, of course, with any vacation, you’ll want to make sure to add in enough time for relaxation—we can help with that at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast!
Check out these things to do in Bardstown KY this summer:
- One of the most popular things to do in Bardstown KY is bourbon tasting and tours. At Lux Row Distillers, there’s a lineup of local whiskey brands, like Rebel Bourbon, Ezra Brooks, and Blood Oath to sample from. All from a front row seat watching the distilling process from one of their seasoned bourbon creators.
- The National Bourbon Day Celebration is one of our favorite things to do in Bardstown KY this summer and it’s coming up this weekend on June 11th and 12th! It’s the ideal way to enjoy our local beverage from the 11 distilleries within a 16 mile radius in and around Bardstown KY.
- For a deeper understanding of why Bardstown is the bourbon capitol of the world, visit the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History. You’ll see historical memorabilia, stills, and whiskey artifacts.
- One thing’s for sure in this town, we love to eat! There’s a restaurant for everyone here, from traditional Southern cuisine, fine dining steak houses, to casual stick to your ribs fare. Here’s a list of our top 10 restaurants to visit in Bardstown.
- Visiting the surrounding wineries is one of our favorite things to do in Bardstown KY. The Forest Edge Winery has indoor and outdoor seating for tasting their red and white varietals. Head out to McIntyre’s Winery and Berries for a fun trip exploring the orchard and vineyards.
- The station for My Old Kentucky Dinner Train is a five minute walk from our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. It’s a great thing to do in Bardstown KY to see the picturesque countryside, enjoy an elegant meal, and experience a historic locomotive ride.
- Just around 15 minutes drive from our Inn, you’ll find a gem in the Kentucky wilderness at the Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest. More than half a million visitors come each year to see the giant outdoor art installations, explore miles of hiking trails, and stroll through the gardens.
- The Historical Downtown Bardstown walking tour is a great activity to get a lay of the land, stop off at local shops, eateries, and distilleries. Pick up a map at the Visitor’s Center and take your time on this self-guided tour to get a feel of our charming small town.
- Grab a bourbon cocktail at one of the oldest bars in the country at the Old Talbott Tavern. This building has a rich and intriguing history and continues to be a popular landmark in Bardstown KY.
- We may be biased, but one of the absolute best things to do in Bardstown KY is a morning spent at our Bourbon Manor Spa. We offer luxurious facial services, body treatments, and a full menu of massage options. Make sure you add on a Spa Package to your stay at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast!
Luxurious Accommodations at Our Bardstown B&B
Once you’ve arranged your lodging with us at the Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be ready to set out on the town for bourbon tastings, delightful dining, and historical experiences. We’re happy to help you arrange reservations, and even offer some amazing packages to add on to your time with us. The most popular choice to include is one of our Bourbon Tasting Packages, where you leave your whiskey plans to us!
Every element of a stay at our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast focuses on making your time here special. Join us in our elegant dining room for an impressive breakfast, where on any given day you’ll find lemon soufflé pancakes, cheesy hash-brown casserole or hearty meaty sides. We aim to please and love to cook. Check our availably and get your stay on the books today!