One of the most popular activities here in our neck of the woods is bourbon tasting at the impressive selection of Bardstown Kentucky distilleries. Of course, Bardstown is where bourbon was born, so you’ll find the best of the best here. The state of Kentucky is home to more than 70 bourbon distilleries and a big handful of those fine establishments are in the Bardstown area. Plus, our little town also has amazing restaurants, museums, and local artisan shops.
We can’t think of a more festive addition to your vacation than a whiskey tasting tour in the “Bourbon Capitol of the World.” The Kentucky Bourbon Trail offers a whole day itinerary exploring the Bardstown Kentucky distilleries. An important part to planning your time bourbon tasting is your lodging and transportation. When you stay at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast in the heart of Bardstown, we can take care of both.
Our historic Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is a quick Uber ride to a few of the stalwart Bardstown Kentucky distilleries. For the other options further away, we offer add-on packages for bourbon tours, which gives you more time to sit back and sip and less time worrying about how to get around or where to stay. Start planning your whiskey adventure today and book your room at the Bourbon Manor!
Check out these 10 Bardstown Kentucky Distilleries this Spring
The best vacations have a diverse itinerary, from dining out at new restaurants, exploring historical areas, and booking interesting tours. It just so happens, that Bardstown tours are way more exciting than others because most of them involve tasting bourbon. Allow us to detail some of our favorite Bardstown Kentucky distilleries in and around the area.
- Barton 1792 Distillery: Established in 1879, this is one of the oldest Bardstown Kentucky distilleries still operating today. Our Inn is only about five minutes drive from this well-known bourbon maker. Luckily for us, the tours and tastings are complementary!
- Bardstown Bourbon Company: This is one of the Bardstown Kentucky distilleries that puts you right behind the scenes. You’ll get to see the where and how they make their whiskies and ryes. Even better, you get to enjoy those bourbon blends in the on site Kitchen & Bar in cocktail form, along with a full menu of appetizers, mains, and desserts.
- Lux Row: With big names like Rebel Yell and Ezra Brooks, this 18,000 square foot distillery is making a lot of bourbon. Currently, they’re offering 3 tours, but for an in-depth look behind the curtain with a top shelf tasting, pick the Lux Row Premium Experience.
- Heaven Hill Distillery: Since 1935, this award-winning distillery with brands like Evan Williams, Elijah Craig, and Larceny, has been educating guests on whiskey 101. The Bourbon Heritage Center is a great place to start with beautiful tasting rooms, informative tours, and fun bourbon-themed souvenirs from the gift shop.
- Willet Distillery: Under 10 minutes away from our Bed and Breakfast, this Bardstown Kentucky distillery is a must visit. While the distillery started in 1936 by Thompson Willett the history dates back to the late 1600s, so there’s a lot to learn on a tour here. Also, The Bar at Willet, is a handsome space for a spruced up bourbon craft cocktail.
- Preservation Distillery: The 40-acre farm surrounding this distillery is true Kentucky blue-grass country with panoramic views of the full-working farm. They make their bourbon in small batches here, using a pot-distilling method, which produces big and rich whiskeys.
These Kentucky distilleries are bit further out of Bardstown, but well worth the visit:
- Maker’s Mark Distillery: We all know a bottle of this red wax topped bourbon when we see one, making this distillery one of the more iconic spots in the area. It’s a bit further out in the country, still only about a half hour from our Bardstown Inn, but the stunning grounds rich in history shouldn’t be missed.
- Jim Beam American Stillhouse: The first barrel of this bourbon was sold in 1795 by the founder Jacob Beam. Since then the business has been passed down in the Beam family for seven generations spanning 200 years. On your tour, get a close up look at how their bourbon is made with tastings included.
- Four Roses Bourbon: Just about 10 miles out of Bardstown is the Four Roses Bottling Facility, where they offer tastings and tours. The recipe for this bourbon is a combination of 10 different styles which produces a very flavorful drink.
As establishments are still evolving out of limited capacity and tailored hours, please double check times and availability before you head out to these Bardstown Kentucky distilleries. We’re happy to help with reservations, just let us know!
The Most Luxurious Lodging along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail
After a day exploring the world of bourbon at these Bardstown Kentucky distilleries, you’ll want a soft place to land. Our historical Bardstown Bed and Breakfast has 10 impeccable guest suites, all designed with comfort in mind and a lovely place to call home on your getaway. Our grounds offer beautiful open spaces for quiet walks, picnics, or an afternoon bourbon cocktail on the patio.
On your stay with us, each morning we prepare a bountiful breakfast spread to be eaten in our elegant dining area or in the privacy of your own suite. The coffee is always on, as beverages and snacks are available throughout the day. While tasting along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail might be your main activity while visiting Bardstown, don’t forget to schedule some downtime at our Spa for a massage. Book your room today!