What’s a vacation without decadent and flavorful meals? If you want to take a culinary journey, then a tour of the Bardstown KY restaurants will delight you. As many places have evolved during this time to offer take-out and outdoor dining, things are slowly returning to normal here with limited capacity indoor dining. We’re all hoping that these concerns will soon be in the rearview mirror and we’ll be back to traditional restaurant service.
The array of cuisines and flavors you’ll find at these Bardstown KY restaurants will not disappoint. Whether you consider yourself a connoisseur of fine foods or just someone who loves to eat, you’ll have your pick of cafes serving casual fare, cozy dark bars with small plates and whiskey cocktails, elegant fine-dining establishments and down home country Southern meals.
For those who are still more comfortable taking their meals from Bardstown KY restaurants in to go containers, bring them on back to our Inn. We’re in the vicinity to many of these Bardstown KY restaurants, so by the time you get back to your guest suite or our outdoor patio, your food will still be hot. Get to planning your culinary adventure in Bardstown KY and reserve a room today!
10 Bardstown KY Restaurants You’ll Want to Try this Year
After you settle into one of our elegant guest rooms in our historic Bardstown Bed and Breakfast, you’ll want to start planning where to take your meals. Of course, allow us to take care of breakfast each morning. But for your lunch and dinners, you can’t go wrong at these Bardstown KY restaurants.
- Less than ten minutes down the road from our Kentucky Inn, The Bar at Willet is the perfect mix of vintage whiskey cocktails, up-scale pub food and Southern hospitality. Located within reach of the historic Willet Distillery, a stalwart producer of Kentucky Whiskeys, this Bardstown KY restaurant exudes romantic dinner for two.
- The Bardstown Bourbon Company’s Kitchen & Bar hits you with a menu of classic Southern dishes dressed up for a party. Lunchtime looks like pickle-brined crispy chicken sandwiches on brioche with pimento cheese. And dinner menu brings filet mignon, shrimp and grits or Nashville hot chicken and waffles to the table.
- Within walking distance from our Kentucky Inn, the historical Old Talbott Tavern dates back to 1779 and transports you to those past centuries. Stone walls and dark ancient wood beams encompass the dining room. The meat-centric menu sticks to traditional Southern cuisine with Hot Browns and country fried steak smothered in gravy. You may even encounter a ghost, if you’re lucky.
- After you’ve had your fair share of bourbon cocktails, mix it up and order a bottle of Kentucky wine and a classic Italian pizza pie from Buillet’s Winery & Bistro to enjoy in your guest suite for a low-key evening in.
- Sushi is actually a perfect order to take to go for a picnic in the park or on our shady patio area back at the Inn. Umami Sushi has a large menu offering noodle dishes, tepanyaki, special sushi rolls and teriyaki.
- Margaritas and chips with guacamole is a necessity on any vacation. La Herra Dura is one of those Bardstown KY restaurants serving up just that combo, as well as, huge burritos, tacos and enchilada platers. Plus, all the limey-salty margaritas your heart desires.
- If you really want a taste of good old-fashioned fun, the Hurst Drug Store Soda Fountain is a must visit for lunch. They serve up classic malts, banana splits and cafe-fare with house made soups and sandwiches. The black and white tile and red bar stools lining the long counter will bring you back at this Bardstown KY restaurant.
- One of the oldest Bardstown KY restaurants, the Kurtz family restaurant has been operating since 1937. You’ll leave here full and happy with home-style options like entree-size salads or Kentucky combination plates with the proteins of your choosing served with potatoes, gravy and baked apples.
- There’s something mysterious about the location of The Rickhouse Restaurant and Lounge. You enter under a set of stone stairs to the basement of the Spalding Hall, which has romantic brick archways lining the dining areas. Traditional steakhouse entrees, whiskey flights and old school atmosphere make for a lovely evening of eating and drinking at this Bardstown KY restaurant.
- Sometimes life calls for a burger—a Bardstown Burger. They get you straight to the point here with quick, simple and tasty food. The namesake burger comes with grilled onions, mushrooms, bacon, mayo and cheddar, and it really hits the spot, especially after a day out on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
Enjoy Your Take Out Meals at Our Luxury Bardstown Inn
We can’t wait until the necessity of taking meals to go is a thing of the past. In the meantime, when you order take out from these Bardstown KY restaurants, you can bring your food back to the comfort of our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast. Our verdant grounds have ample space for a secluded picnic, the outdoor patio is set up with tables and chairs, or eat up in the privacy of one of our 10 guest suites.
The Bourbon Manor is on Trip Advisor’s list of excellence year after year. We love to make our guests feel at home for every second of their stay here. If you’re looking for romance, relaxation or just a place to getaway, our Bardstown Bed and Breakfast is the place to find it. Whether it’s staying in or dining out at the many Bardstown KY restaurants, we can’t wait to be your hosts. Your charming Southern adventure awaits; book a room today!