As you walk up the steps to our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be memorized by our historic southern charm. The stately brick manor and land surrounding it has a rich past, built in the early 1800s, the building has been a private home, a headquarters for Civil War generals, a Great Depression boarding house, and now for the last couple of decades, a Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast.
Over the years, there have been several renovations to the manor, but all have kept the original historical charm, making our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast a welcoming and warm place to stay with your special someone or a group of friends. We have 10 spacious guest rooms clad in tasteful antiques with modern amenities. Comfort is our main focus here from the Egyptian cotton sheets to the plush Turkish towels and robes.
Our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast is a fantastic location for exploring the shopping and restaurants of the Bardstown area, the local bourbon producers, and historical landmarks. We always want to help plan your visit here and these 10 reasons to stay at our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast should help you make up your mind. Start by booking your room now and let the Bardstown adventure begin!
10 Reasons to Stay at Our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast
Bardstown, Kentucky is the second-oldest city in all of the state and 200 significant landmarks are within the historic downtown district. And for those aspiring whiskey connoisseurs, Bardstown is nicknamed the “Bourbon Capital of the World” for a reason, with 7 big time distilleries offering tours and tastings.
There are so many reasons to book a vacation here at our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast and our location puts you right nearby to all of the action. Here are 10 reasons why you should start planning a stay at our inn today:
- At our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast, it’s possible to still have an amazing vacation, while maintaining the social distance recommended at this time in history. We’re a small locally owned business and we’re taking every precaution to keep our guests and our staff safe. Our spacious grounds offer lots of outdoor areas to grab some fresh air and our 10 guest suites are divided up into 3 buildings, which only adds to your ability to keep your privacy and fully relax. And after this past year, all of us could use some serious relaxation AND a bourbon cocktail, stat.
- Speaking of bourbon, not only are all of our guest suites named after a tasty cocktail, we know our whiskey and we’re big fans. We offer many special packages that pair a luxury stay at our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast with deluxe bourbon tasting tours. Some are more self-guided with tips and tickets to the distilleries on us OR a fully chauffeured tour with a limo to ride the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and make the most of those whiskey tastings, while knowing you’ll get back to our Inn safe and sound.
- The day after a Bardstown’s signature liquor tasting is best spent in our Spa. Our amazing Spa staff are trained in the art of relaxation from facials and microdermabrasion treatments to deep-tissue Swedish or Shiatsu massage. We also offer couples spa packages, a necessary part for any romantic getaway from the city. After your long, relaxing day at the spa, join us back at our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast for happy hour. A little hair of the dog doesn’t hurt, especially when you’re in bourbon country.
- Our Breakfast looks a little different these days, but by April 1st we should be serving up our gourmet country-style breakfast back in our elegant dining room with choices like cheesy hash-brown casserole, lemon soufflé pancakes, and buttermilk biscuits. But for now, our delicious continental breakfast is available every day with muffins, donuts and fruit. Of course, complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa and snacks are available all day long.
- Another amazing way to spend a day near our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast is heading to downtown Bardstown for shopping, dining, and sightseeing. There is no shortage of activities to fill your day and award-winning restaurants to fill your belly. The shops in Bardstown offer much more than just souvenirs, you’ll find locally made jewelry, luxurious candles and home decor, antique shops and even a farmer’s market. If you’re looking for traditional southern fare you’ll find fried catfish and blackened shrimp all around town.
- Bardstown is also home to the My Old Kentucky Dinner Train, where you dine while taking a train ride though the pastoral Kentucky countryside. Enjoy gourmet coursed meals while really getting to view our beautiful state. Our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast is within walking distance to the train station, making this a must-do evening while you stay with us.
- History buffs are charmed by Bardstown and the surrounding areas. With around 200 historical buildings and sites within the downtown area, it feels like everywhere you turn is a widow to the past. There are self-guided walking tours with maps available for visitors. For more info on historical options near our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast, look here.
- For a more nature focused walk, The Bardstown Community Park has wooded hiking trails and lush green lawns perfect for a picnic on a sunny day. Just down the way sits My Old Kentucky Home State Park, the historic 200 year old mansion filled with original antiques is open for tours, the traditional gardens are lovely for a stroll and and you might even catch a lively sing-a-long of “My Old Kentucky Home” the ballad by famed 19th century composer Stephen Foster.
- If you’ve had your fill of bourbon, check out the wineries of the area for wine tasting and exploring the countryside. We suggest making a day of it and hitting McIntyre’s Winery & Berries, Springhill Winery and Chuckleberry. This way you can pair a scenic drive with a taste of the local flavors.
- Retreating to your guest room at our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast after a long day of adventure is one of the best feelings. As you open a bottle of wine, slip into your robe, and lean back on your cozy king size canopy bed you’ll feel completely away from it all. Our spacious rooms are packed with modern amenities and tastefully decorated. We can’t wait to host you.
Let Our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast Be Your Home Away From Home
Whether it’s for a quick relaxing weekend away from the city or a long, leisurely vacation touring the area we’re the perfect spot to make your home base. Our historic Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast offers just the right amount of southern charm mixed with our award-winning hospitality that will truly make your stay one to remember.
Our packages and specials allow you to build the best combination of experiences for your visit. If it’s a bourbon rich experience, you’ve got it. Or a romantic couples getaway with daily spa treatments, we’ve got you covered. Whichever your vacation path, our Bardstown KY Bed and Breakfast is the place to make lasting memories. Cheers to that! Book your perfect getaway with us today.