There are a number of incredibly fun things to do in Bardstown KY, including starting off on a Bourbon Trail ® adventure. We can think of few things we’d rather be doing this summer and sipping on some delicious bourbon flights, cocktails, and distillery tours, while absorbing the charm and character of a town as beautiful as Bardstown – Bourbon Capital of the World and voted America’s Most Beautiful Small Town. We know travel will look different for everyone this summer, but we’re working hard at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast to ensure you have a safe and welcoming place to land, whatever your adventure may be.
The award-winning, top-ranked Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast, located in Bardstown KY, is a quaint Inn with just 7 guest rooms in our main house, and 3 additional guest rooms in our guest cottage. Here, you won’t find the large crowds encountered at traditional hotel chains, which means you can stay as socially distant as you want. We’re centrally located to everything you want to see and do in Bourbon Country, but we also offer our own private bourbon bar and lounge if you’d prefer to stay on-site.
Our bar has one of the best selections of Bourbons in town, featuring 130+ Bourbons, Wines, and Crafted Beer. We offer themed Bourbon flights, a Bourbon Academy where you can learn about Bourbon, and sample several vintage Bourbons as well. You can even have food delivered to dine in the bar or our formal dining room
Whatever it is you’re looking for in a getaway destination, you’ll find it here. There is absolutely no shortage of things to do in Bardstown, KY, and there’s so much to love about this incredible place. Book a room at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast today, where you’ll discover just how luxurious and relaxing a getaway can be.
10 Best Things to do in Bardstown KY
Not only is it beautiful, but there are a number of great things to do in Bardstown Ky. Bardstown is officially back open and ready for visitors. You can find all of the latest information regarding what is open and what isn’t online, and we are also happy to answer any questions you may have about visiting us in this incredible city. Though there are a number of wonderful things to do in Bardstown KY, some things may still be closed or facing restrictions, such as maintaining social distance and wearing a mask where required.
Though this summer will likely look different, we’re still excited about the possibility of welcoming guests to what was once named “the most beautiful small town in America.” The popular outdoor theater performance of Stephen Foster The Musical has been canceled, and the My Old Kentucky Dinner Train is currently not accepting reservations until Mid-July. Even so, there are still a number of fun things to do in Bardstown Ky.
For instance, there are a number of local attractions, museums, restaurants, and bourbon distilleries that are open for business, and ready to welcome you to the area. We’re limiting the discussion of our favorite things to do in Bardstown Ky to things that have already opened, and/or things that are easy to enjoy while practicing social distancing.
- Without a doubt, the #1 thing to do in Bardstown KY is to visit one of the 10 local distilleries. We’re in the heart of Bourbon Country, after all. Most of the distilleries and tasting rooms are open, including, Heaven Hill Distillery Bourbon Heritage Center, Bardstown Bourbon Company, Lux Row Distillers, Preservation Distillery, Willet Distillery Visitor Center & Whiskey Shop, Limestone Branch Distillery, and Four Roses Bottling & Warehouse Visitor’s Center. Others will be opening on July 1, such as Barton 1792 – voted Bourbon of the Year by the folks at the Bourbon Bible. Others are closed until further notice, such as Maker’s Mark and Jim Beam Distilleries.
- Bourbon isn’t the only great tasting to enjoy in Bardstown. There are also a number of great wineries in the area, including Forest Edge Winery, McIntyre’s Winery & Berries, Springhill Winery, Chuckleberry, Jester’s, and Horseshoe Bend Winery.
- Head to Museum Row, and get to know the incredible Civil War history of Bardstown. The Civil War Museum & the Women’s Museum of the Civil War are America’s largest and most complete museums devoted to the Western Theater of the American Civil War.
- Visit and take a tour of My Old Kentucky Home State Park.
- Bourbon lovers won’t want to miss visiting the recently renovated Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History.
- Golfing at local golf courses, like the Kenny Rapier Championship Golf Course at My Old KY Home State Park, Cedar-Fil Golf Course, Lincoln Homestead State Golf Course, or the Bardstown Country club at Maywood.
- Enjoy an afternoon of fishing at Sympson Lake, Forked River, Salt River, or nearby Taylorsville Lake.
- Enjoy a free concert at Bardstown Community Park, which is located just 4 blocks from our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast. They start in July and take place every Friday night at 7 pm.
- Explore the 30+ shops, art galleries, SPAs, ice cream shops, Bourbon Bars, restaurants, and breweries in downtown Bardstown, and enjoy walking around this beautiful and historic city.
- Sit back, relax, and unwind at our bourbon-themed Bed and Breakfast, which features a beautiful bourbon-themed bar right here on our property.
Where to Stay near Bardstown, KY
While in the heart of Kentucky’s bourbon country, why not stay in the world’s first bourbon-themed Bed and Breakfast? That’s exactly what you’ll find at the Bourbon Manor, where each of our 10 guest rooms in the main house is named after a different bourbon cocktail. Beyond our creative play on the area’s top attraction, you’ll find an inviting ambiance and exceptional hospitality that far exceeds what you’d find at a traditional hotel.
We also offer a day spa on-site to help ease your stressors away, allowing you to fully embrace your getaway and leave feeling as renewed as possible. And, in the evenings, unwind with one of our signature cocktails in The Bunghole, our beautifully decorated Bourbon Bar & Lounge, which is located in our renovated, historic tobacco barn. We’ve thought of everything so you don’t have to. Come experience just how restful and fun a getaway can be, and book a room at our Kentucky Bed and Breakfast today!