As it gets colder outside, and the dark days of winter settle in, many of us turn to the indoors, away from the harsh elements of winter. But what better way is there to warm up than by enjoying a warming glass of Bourbon this winter? There’s no better time for a little getaway to Bourbon Country in Kentucky, and our bourbon-themed Bed and Breakfast is Bardstown is just the place. Book your stay at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast this winter, and enjoy the warmth of a good old fashioned glass of bourbon in your hand.
Warm Up in Bourbon Country
There really is no bad time to visit Kenucky’s famed Bourbon Country; but we do think visiting during the cold winter months has its benefits. The smooth, silk bourbon will warm you up from the inside out, and you’ll enjoy far fewer crowds in the regions most popular distilleries. It’s hard to argue with a winter getaway to Bourbon Country. Here are our favorite ways and places to experience Kentucky’s original spirit:
- Take a tour of one of the Bourbon Distilleries in the area. They are: Barton 1792 Distillery and Visitor Center; Jim Beam American Stillhouse, Maker’s Mark Distillery, Four Roses Distillery, Willett Distillery, and Heaven Hill Distilleries Bourbon Heritage Center.
- The Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History is the perfect stop for any Bourbon enthusiast. Here, you’ll find a 50-year collection of rare whiskey artifacts dating from pre-colonial days to post-Prohibition days, including antique bottles, a moonshine still, advertising art, novelty whiskey containers, and more.
- Visit a Bourbon Bar, where you’ll enjoy some of the finest crafted cocktails you’ve ever tasted. The Bunghole Bourbon Bar & Lounge, located in our historic tobacco barn, is one of the best places to enjoy flights of bourbon as you relax and enjoy every aspect of life in Bourbon Country.
- Enjoy Bourbon Eats. That’s right; Bourbon has infused itself into every aspect of life in Bardstown, including the food.
- You’ll find upscale Bourbon souvenirs and gifts at the Kentucky Bourbon Marketplace
You may want to brush up on Bourbon terminology before you get here. Bardstown has put together a fantastic guide for the newcomer to the Bourbon scene. Once you’ve had your fill of Bourbon and are ready to rest up for the following day, our Inn will be waiting for you. Whatever it is you do, we know you’ll enjoy winter in Bourbon Country. Book your room with us today!